Paulie Gee’s is the promised land of pizza.
Here is my advice for dining at Paulie Gee’s:
- Go at 6PM. It will already be busy but you won’t have to wait for a table.
- Wash your hands, because the sinks are fun and they have Mrs Meyer’s soap.
- If you order the salad and you’re vegan, ask for cheese off. It’s rough to pick out.
- Order a beer, because there’s a great selection on tap.
- Talk to the cute older man owner, because his face will light up when you detail how glorious his pizza is.
- Eat a whole pizza to your face, because you deserve it.
- Tip well, because you’ll be coming again immediately if not sooner.
Mine, pictured above, had homemade vegan sausage (delicious) and homemade cashew cheese (glorious) with arugula and mushrooms. The only don’t is getting extra mushrooms because they literally put four mushrooms on my pizza. It was so amazing though I didn’t even care.
Paulie Gee’s is easily accessible by boat! Take the East River Ferry to India street in Greenpoint. The G is also pretty close but I don’t like the G so I won’t give you directions. Then walk to the Lorimer St L after dining, because you’ll need to walk a little after noshing.