Want a pizza but don’t feel like dealing with dough? Try this super simple and fast pizzadilla.
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 kale leaves, stems cut out, rolled, then sliced into ribbons
1 small tomato, thinly sliced
daiya cheese (or any shredded cheese alternative)
a couple pinches of nutritional yeast (optional but highly recommended)
salt and pepper
1) Slowly saute onion in olive oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until browning, as shown.
2) Add garlic, stir a little, then add kale. Saute until kale is wilted a bit.
3) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in small bowl on the side
4) Wipe pan with paper towel to remove oil.
5) Place tortilla in pan, put a layer of cheeze sprinkled with a pinch or two of nutritional yeast on the bottom, spread tomato slices out then top with kale and onion mixture.
6)Sprinkle thyme and marjoram an finish with another layer of cheeze and nutrional yeast. Cover with other tortilla.
7) With the heat still at medium, let it sit for about 3-4 minutes. (putting a bowl with a can in it on top to press the quesadilla is recommended) Flip and repeat.
8) Remove, let rest about 30 second, slice and serve!